WWIndividual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. -Vince Lombardi
If you are 18 years old or younger and love to ride, we would love for you to come and join our team!
Please complete the form below to let us know that you are interested in becoming a member of the Woodhaven Wranglers Equestrian Drill Team!
The Woodhaven Wranglers encourage riders to come and try-out for the drill team!!!
Important information for potential incoming riders is below:
Riders should be able to…
- Be available to make practices (every Monday night in Allen, Texas)
- Ride a horse at a walk, jog, and lope with two hands on the reins (not holding onto the horn for balance)
- Correctly ask a horse to side-pass, back up, accelerate/decelerate quickly, and stop immediately
- Understand and be able to pick up the correct leads
- Make tight turns at a walk, trot, or lope
- Dedicate themselves to the team
A rider’s horse should be able to…
- Be comfortable with other horses near them (not kicking or biting at other horses)
- Be able to trailer to events and competitions
- Be comfortable being exposed to new places (not spooked easily)
- Be stalled overnight for some events
Incoming riders do not have to…
- Own their own horse, they can lease from the barn as an alternative
- Board their horse at the stable, a lot of the riders trailer their horse for practice
- Have previous drill team experience, just a solid riding foundation
- Own a trailer, they can get rides from teammates
If interested in trying out, please complete the form below.